Search results for can

Compositing images in post-production can be quite a time-consuming endeavor, and if your subject is shot against a textured background it can often be next to impossible to pull off. Panasonic has created a way around this, at least for anyone who only needs 4K resolution, with a new feature called Sequence Composition, making its debut in the just-announced Panasonic GX9. Using the shooting mod
Light is light, right? Expensive lighting companies want you to believe that their strobes and lighting equipment are superior and produce better-looking images, but is that true? Fstoppers wanted to find out so they compared a $10,000 lighting setup with a $425 lighting setup. The lighting setup was designed to be identical and is a standard beauty lighting arrangement. So what happened, all els
When scanning the skies for potentially habitable exoplanets, astronomers usually look for similar conditions to Earth. That means warm Sun-like stars are great, but tiny, turbulent pulsars aren't usually given a second thought in the search for life. But a new study has calculated that these neutron stars could indeed host habitable planets – under very specific circumstances...Continue Read
Having a photography website is not only a great way to showcase your work, it can also be a means for improving your photography. Landscape photographer Andrew Marr says that you need to get out and shoot more if you want to improve your photography. This makes sense, but it's not always easy to get motivated to get out there. He argues that having a website is a good motivator for being a p
Episode 231 of the PetaPixel Photography Podcast.Download MP3 –  Subscribe via iTunes, Google Play, email or RSS!Featured: DP, photographer, timelapse cinematographer and editor, Drew GeraciIn This EpisodeIf you subscribe to the PetaPixel Photography Podcast in iTunes, please take a moment to rate and review us and help us move up in the rankings so others interested in photography may find
"Nintendo cannot expand its business in China alone, and an important issue is whether we can proceed with a partner entity in China to bring our IP to consumers in China," said Nintendo's president. ...
Although it makes up everything we see and touch around us, ordinary matter only accounts for about 15 percent of the mass of the universe. The other 85 percent is believed to be dark matter, a theoretical substance that doesn't interact with ordinary matter and has so far eluded our best efforts to directly detect it. Now, physicists from Brown University have proposed a new way to find dark
"How to quite smoking" and "how to lose weight," are the kind of terms a person with specific health concerns might type into Google, but according to new research, they could be indicative of a more general, and more serious, medical condition. By analyzing data from Google Trends, scientists in the UK claim that they can more effectively monitor symptoms and therefore the emergence of Type
Space debris is a growing problem, so to keep the orbits around Earth free of manmade hazards, an ESA-funded scientist is developing a magnetic space tug that could lock onto derelict satellites and deorbit them before they become a hazard to navigation. Using cryogenic magnets, the tugs wouldn't have to even touch the derelicts and the targets wouldn't need to be specially modified for towin
Oxytocin has long been called the love hormone, thanks to the warm and fuzzy feelings it creates in the brain. It also plays a key role in encouraging social bonding in humans and animals and it's an effective painkiller to boot, but the brain circuitry behind these effects is still being untangled. Now neuroscientists at Emory University have found the regions in brains of prairie voles resp


Clickiz.com is a social bookmarking place where you can share, find & discuss the best news around on most topics. We focus on hi-tech reviews, gadgets and geekery but we like almost anything that's awesome, appealing and thought-provoking! er6i9ds5mz



Add to Technorati Favorites
Username:

Password:

Remember: